Rotman School of Management

Main Content

Immigrating to Canada

Making the transition

Moving to a new country is a complex process with many steps. Use these useful resources to learn more about the immigration process and make your transition easier.

Immigration requirements

Before entering Canada, international students must satisfy certain immigration requirements. You'll need to contact the nearest Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate as soon as you receive your offer of admission from the Rotman School. Check out this listing of Canadian offices around the world to contact for help.

To qualify for an entry visa and student authorization, you'll need to show evidence of adequate funds and proof of medical clearance. You'll also need a study permit to study in Canada. Information on how and where to apply can be found at Citizenship and Immigration Canada. If your spouse or common-law partner wants to work in Canada, you can find information about the eligibility requirements, validity and application process at Studying in Canada: work permits for students.

For further information regarding immigration regulations, please consult the University of Toronto's Centre for International Experience.

No data source has been set for the widget
© Rotman School of ManagementAASCB