8 months that will focus your potential
The Master of Financial Risk Management is a full-time program that runs from September to April.
The program, in brief
September to November, five courses
- Market Risk
- Financial Markets, Risk and Institutions
- Regulation of Financial Institutions
- Operational Risk
- Probabilistic Modeling for Risk-Informed Decisions
December to January: Risk Management Project
The integrated Risk Management Project is a major research project involving a risk management issue important to financial institutions. Students will be supervised by faculty and consult with practising risk management professionals. They will present their findings to both practitioners and faculty at a downtown location in early February.
February to April, five courses:
- Credit Risk
- Macroeconomics for Financial Risk Management Professionals
- Derivative Models for Risk Management
- Advanced Investments
- Risk Management for Pension Funds and Insurance Companies
Detailed course descriptions give you a sense of what you will learn.
Throughout the program there will be presentations (both as part of scheduled classes and outside scheduled classes) with practitioners working in different areas of risk management. Curriculum is subject to change.
The program includes a wide variety of experiential and online learning opportunities for you to participate in continuous learning, communication and collaboration.
The experiential coursework provides you with learning experiences that are:
- Relevant: Involving business data and simulations that mimic real-life risk experiences
- Engaging: Enjoy rich, interactive online content
- Hands-on: Allowing you to put theory into practice in a learning environment
Communications and Networking Opportunities
Feedback from industry senior executives across the financial sector puts communication ‘soft skills’ excellence as essential for success. Throughout the program, students will have opportunities to:
- Enhance presentation skills through a skills session and by presenting throughout the program
- Develop professional presence, communication and networking skills through extracurricular workshops