Careers in Risk
A world of opportunity
Careers in risk management and trading are found throughout the finance and capital markets industries.
Rewarding careers in risk management and finance
As a graduate of the MFRM program, you will be well positioned for career opportunities in risk management and trading, as well as any area of finance that calls for a thorough understanding of financial theory, and well developed quantitative and analytical skills.
There are a wide-range of positions available in risk for students with strong mathematical and computational backgrounds who wish to use cutting-edge modeling techniques as they apply to roles in regulation, portfolio management, and market, credit, and operational risk management in various organizations.
As of October 2017 (4 months after graduation), 90% of our graduates have successfully secured employment in the following industries/roles:
Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB)
- Investment Research, Analyst
East Coast Fund Management
- Associate, Investment Operations
Greystone Managed Investments Inc.
- Senior Analyst, Fixed Income & Multi-Asset
Polar Asset Management Partners Inc.
- Data and Reporting Analyst
Bank of Canada
BMO Bank of Montreal
- Assistant Consultant (Contract via Financial Risk Group)
- Senior Analyst, Counterparty Credit Risk – Platform Upgrade
- Senior Analyst, Structural Market Risk, Production Support
Central 1 Credit Union
- Credit and Counterparty Risk Analyst
- Treasury Analyst
- Program Analyst, Operational Risk
- Regulatory Reporting Analyst, OTC Derivatives, Documentation
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
- Enterprise Recovery & Resolution Planning Analyst
- Global Trading Client Management
- Senior Analyst, Enterprise Risk Validation
- Analyst for Regulatory Solutions at RBC Investor & Treasury Services
- Senior Consultant, Financial Services Risk Management
- New Associate - Technology (Risk Assurance)
- Risk Management Analyst
- Verification Analyst, Financial Risk Management