How to Apply to the Rotman PhD
Start Your Application Today
Applying to a PhD program can be exciting and stressful. Find out the details of our application process at the Rotman School of Management so you can plan ahead. Below is information on our online application tool and what you need to prepare. Start your application early so you have plenty of time to gather the required items and submit your finished package.
APPLICATIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2019 ARE NOW OPEN.
There is no January admission to the program. Admission is not offered on a rolling basis.
1. Log in to the online application. Applications must be completed, and payment made by December 1.
2. Provide the biographical and education information requested.
PLEASE NOTE: Personal (contact) information, Program of Study selections, Academic History, English Facility Tests, and Additional Information submitted can not be changed. Please review this information carefully before making payment.
3. Be prepared to submit contact information for at least two referees. Only institution email addresses are accepted. Advise your referees to expect an email from the University of Toronto with instructions for providing reference letters.
4. Submit your payment (online payment is preferred but mail-in payment is available).
5. Upload all supporting documents as listed on the Supporting documents section by the document deadline, December 1.
Notes on the Application
Applicants may apply to only one of the following areas of specialization within the PhD Program in Management: Accounting, Business Economics, Finance, Marketing, Operations Management, Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management, Strategic Management.
Applications to the PhD Program in Management at the Rotman School must be submitted to the School of Graduate Studies (SGS) using an online application which is housed on a secure server at the University of Toronto.
The online application allows applicants to manage and submit biographical and educational information as well as all supporting documents (i.e. Letter of Intent, Curriculum Vitae, Scanned Transcripts, Letters of Reference, Test Scores (GMAT or GRE and TOEFL or other acceptable English Facility Test if required). Applicants can edit an in-progress application and check the status of all documents submitted using a secure password and UserID.
Applications are considered complete and can be reviewed only after all supporting documents are uploaded on the online application and payment is received by the School of Graduate Studies. A valid e-mail account is needed to complete the online application as the University will correspond with applicants using e-mail.