About the University of Toronto
University of Toronto: Canada’s Ivy League
Become a part of Canada’s leading research university and join a community of renowned scholars in one of North America’s most exceptional academic environments. As a student of the University of Toronto you can access a multitude of resources designed to provide you with an outstanding student experience. Find everything you need to know to create a campus experience that is right for you.
The University of Toronto is recognized worldwide as Canada’s pre-eminent research university a reputation that will add value for students who aspire to careers with global dimensions. Established in 1827, U of T is home to 73,000 students and 19,000 faculty and staff members, and generates an annual economic impact of $5.4 billion. It also boasts:
- Six Nobel Prize-winning graduates
- The highest number of Rhodes Scholars of any Canadian university
- 108 spin-off companies with 4,000 employees and revenues of $800 million
Rotman PhD students are welcome everywhere on the U of T campus, which offers unmatched opportunities for learning and recreation. Some of its attractions include:
- First-class athletic facilities at Hart House, the Athletic Centre and the new Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport. Membership is free for Rotman students.
- Fourth-largest research library in North America, just across the street from the Rotman School. Rotman students have access to all U of T libraries.
- A range of dining options, including vegetarian food at the International Student Centre, and halal and kosher food at the Arbor Room at Hart House.
For more on the University of Toronto, visit www.utoronto.ca.