A wealth of great research
Our collection of original publications on Canadian Business and Financial History topics of interest are available, below.
The program uses Relentless Change: A Casebook for the Study of Canadian Business History, by Joe Martin, as the foundation textbook for its courses. The book, published by the University of Toronto Press/Rotman, is available for purchase from Amazon.ca
Former Rotman professor, Chris Kobrak, was working with Joe Martin researching and writing From Wall Street to Bay Street; A Comparative History of the US and Canadian Financial Systems. Sadly Professor Kobrak died suddenly in January 2017. This book is scheduled to be published by University of Toronto Press/Rotman and we will update you as to when it will be available.
The cases are available for download. Please note copyright disclaimers included on the cover of each case. Graduating year of student authors is included.
Forthcoming Case Studies
- RBC and the LDC Debt Crisis of the early 1980s – by Sabrina Sdao (2011) and Darren Karn (2010)
- Home Depot’s Entry into Canada by Tabitha Fritz (2014)
Forthcoming Research Studies
- Economic Crises in 19th Century Canada by Andrew Best (2014)
- Federal policy and the Canadian housing market: Origins, evolution, and a comparison with the American system by Darryl King (2014)
- 19th Century Railway Financing by Heather Duncanson (2015)
- Canadian Venture Capital in the first half of the 20th century by Neil Peet (2015)