There is no better competitive advantage than innovation. Winning in the marketplace means consistently offering your customers compelling products, seamless interactions, and experiences that delight and inspire – and in order to do this, all executives and senior managers need the skills to nurture superior innovation practices. This one-day intensive workshop will give innovation-minded leaders practical experience with Rotman’s signature business design approach.
Business design is a human-centred approach to innovation that marries the core principles of design with world-class business practice. This program provides a condensed version of the methodology developed and taught at DesignWorks, Rotman’s Business Design Centre. More than 2000 executives worldwide have been trained in Design Thinking through Rotman, including leaders of Fortune 500 companies.
Practice your new skills with real-world innovation challenges. You and your team will work with real companies to understand their needs and motivations. Then, you'll ideate and prototype, and retest with these organizations to experience how to use design thinking to deliver innovative solutions.
By the end of the program, you will be able to
- Hit the ground running by applying your skills to real-world challenges while at Rotman
- Understand the foundations of business design
- Develop an empathic mindset for confronting challenges
- Know the basic approaches from ethnographic research
- Identify latent customer needs
- Develop insights for innovation
- Ideate and prototype iteratively to develop new products and experiences
- Apply these concepts in order to drive innovation in your own organization
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for senior managers who need to drive innovation in their organization. Those responsible for
- product development
- business development
- sales, or
from both the private and public sector will benefit from this program.
The application process for this program is currently closed. If you would like to receive more information about the program or speak to our Learning Advisor, please fill in the form below.