The Canadian Corporate Counsel Association (CCCA) and the Rotman School of Management have partnered to create the Business Leadership Program for In-House Counsel. The first program of its kind, successful completion of all three phases will provide graduates with the designation of Certified In-House Counsel – Canada (CIC.C).
The Business Leadership Program for In-House Counsel provides an overview of the essential knowledge and skills required by those who strive to be recognized as strategic business partners within their organizations. Participants explore the unique challenges of effective leadership in today's complex organizational environment and develop the perspectives and skills to become effective leaders in their own right.
Through a variety of learning methods including case studies, simulations, lectures, group work and class discussions, participants develop the skills required to become a key business resource in their organization – able to advance the business while maintaining the balance of being the company's legal expert.
The program will combine the leading edge management knowledge from Rotman faculty with the in-house experience of senior General Counsel from across Canada.
In partnership with:
Scholarship sponsored by:
This program is comprised of a face to face learning component as well as several legal knowledge application courses that are delivered online. The face to face component consists of three three-day modules offered over the course of a calendar year at the Rotman School. The online courses are self-paced and can be completed during the course of the entire Program. Participants must successfully complete all components of the Program in order to be eligible to receive the Certified In House Counsel (CIC.C) designation. The designation is awarded upon the successful completion of a comprehensive assessment process at the conclusion of the Program.
On completing this program, you will be able to:
- Make an impact on your business’ strategic decisions
- Successfully navigate organizational dynamics
- Manage work relationships more effectively through communication and collaboration
- Balance your professional responsibilities as in house counsel with broader organizational leadership responsibilities
- Make more informed decisions by learning to use financial tools and resources
- Apply your legal knowledge to help move your organization forward in a strategic fashion
- Understand your personal leadership style
- Lead and manage change more effectively
How To Apply
The Canadian Corporate Counsel Association handles all program applications.
For more information and to apply visit: http://www.ccca-accje.org/En/membership/main/certification.aspx