The Search Inside Yourself workshop (SIY) is the unique two-day course that was developed and refined at Google. The workshop focus is on the five key domains of emotional intelligence: self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills – with mindfulness practice, science, and leadership applications fully integrated at all levels.
SIY helps organizations address some of their most difficult challenges:
• Building resilience in times of rapid change
• Helping leaders solve not just technical but adaptive problems, which have no clear answers
• Supporting people to thrive in a fast-paced, connected world without boundaries
• Creating an inspired workplace that supports true human development
The workshop is highly interactive and trains people to optimize performance, train leadership skills and increase well-being. Each session is approximately one-third content and two-thirds skill training. Skill training includes individual, dyadic and group exercise consisting of attention training, active listening with verbal feedback, writing exercise and emotion regulation.
Read why “goodness is good for business” in The Guardian’s interview with Google’s head of mindfulness.
SIY is a highly interactive workshop that integrates the theory and practices of mindfulness, emotional intelligence, and the supporting scientific evidence. SIY provides the tools and skills to improve workplace effectiveness, leadership, and happiness.
Search Inside Yourself works in three steps:
Attention Training: Attention is the basis of all higher cognitive and emotional abilities. Train attention to create a quality of mind that is both calm and alert. This quality of mind forms the foundation for emotional intelligence.
Self-Knowledge and Self-Mastery: Use trained attention to understand cognitive and emotional processes. This knowledge provides the individual with the ability to regulate and master emotions.
Create Useful Habits and Leadership Skills: Develop the habits of leading with compassion and communicating with insight. These habits can be trained and create trust that leads to highly productive collaborations.
Program participants will:
- Learn several mental training practices, including self-awareness, attention training and an introduction to emotional intelligence that are useful in enhancing work place skills.
- Learn practices designed to enhance concentration and creativity, and improve self-awareness and emotional process, enhance self-confidence, optimism, and empathy.
- Learn practices for developing alignment, clarifying vision and building resilience, as well as practices for leading with compassion and influencing with insight.
Who Should Attend?
Leaders in organizations everywhere. Each company and organization needs emotionally intelligent leaders. All organizations can benefit from a more mindful and self-aware workforce. This workshop is especially for those who want to support their organization’s ability to build an inspiring, high-performance workplace.
This course consists of four 1/2 day sessions. Breakfast will be served from 8:00 am–9:00 am and sessions will be held from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Session One (AM)
Session Two (PM)
Introduction, Mindfulness, Emotional Intelligence, Self-awareness
- Introduction to emotional intelligence
- Introduction to mindfulness
- The neuroscience of mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Intuition and decision-making
- The theory, practice, and science of meditation
- Self-awareness at work
- Nine key emotional intelligence competencies
- Science of self-awareness and self regulation
Self-regulation and Motivation
- Emotional regulation
- Understanding triggers
- Self-regulation model
Session Three (AM)
Session Four (PM)
Motivation and Empathy
- Neuroscience of motivation
- The role of empathy in leadership
- Understanding others
- Neuroscience of empathy
- Developing trust
- Political awareness
Empathy and Social Skills
- Leadership and compassion
- Influence with goodness
- Communication with insight
- Neuroscience with compassion
- Teambuilding model and establishing trust
- Difficult Conversations
- "Connecting the dots"
All SIYLI coaches and trainers have an extensive background and personal commitment to embodying mindfulness and emotional intelligence skills. They have cultivated the presence and resilience to teach these skills, in the context of leadership development, while standing firmly in science. They come from diverse backgrounds and have accolades such as coaching senior leaders at Fortune 100s, working in top neuroscience labs and holding executive roles in top firms.
Before beginning the registration process, please review our policies. To register, please click the link below and complete the form.
*Are you using Internet Explorer? Have you updated Chrome or Firefox lately?
Due to new browser security requirements, those using older or incompatible browsers may encounter technical difficulties. If you encounter a blank screen when you try to start your online payment process, please see our Having Trouble? page.
Apply Now Search Inside Yourself
Rotman Executive Program graduates or Rotman MBA / EMBA alumni are eligible for a discount equivalent to 10% of the program tuition. In addition, partner discounts are also offered for some programs. Where program applicants are eligible for more than one discount, only the greater discount will be applied towards the tuition fee. Discounts are not redeemable for cash.
*Participants will be responsible for their own travel, accommodation and incidental costs. Participants requiring accommodation during the program are eligible for preferred Rotman rates at select hotels. For more information contact an Executive Programs representative at email@example.com..