The Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network (TCLHIN), in collaboration with the Centre for Health Sector Strategy at the Rotman School of Management is offering this Toronto Central LHIN Advanced Health System Leadership Program. Building on the Rotman School’s experiences developing health leaders from across the health system, this program is specifically intended to support recent changes in the Ontario Health System including, but not limited to, Health Links.
The program will provide participants with the insights and tools to increase the breadth and depth of their leadership skills and to support on-going efforts to further integration within (and across, as appropriate) LHINs, focusing on patient and client experiences. Participants will develop the capabilities to be more effective system leaders. This program is intended to support your current system improvement activities, and thus is expected to ultimately reduce demands on your time by virtue of the development of new skills, tools and frameworks.
Specific modules will address:
- System Design and Designing for the Patient Experience
- Integrative Thinking, Innovation and Negotiation
- The Psychology of Influence and Persuasion
- Leading Change
The program will be offered in five 2-day modules in Toronto, Ontario. The program will begin on May 21, 2014. Modules will be spaced 4–6 weeks apart, with program ending in December of 2014.
- Date: five interactive modules:
- May 21–22, 2014
- June 25–26, 2014
- September 15–16, 2014
- October 27–28, 2014
- December 9 and December 17, 2014
Before beginning the registration process, please review our application policies. To register, please click the link below and complete the form. The application deadline is April 7, 2014.
- Administrators, Coordinators, Managers, Directors and others with collaborative care planning based on local needs, integrated service delivery planning, and/or care coordination responsibilities
- Demonstrated involvement in performance improvement initiatives
- Working across organizational boundaries towards coordinated and integrated care for target populations
- A member of a performance improvement team
- Accountable to and supported by their organization for measureable performance improvement
- Strong letter of support from ED, CEO, Chief, and/or Board Chair
Please note that during the application process you will be required to submit three documents:
1) Your resume
2) A one or two page personal statement that indicates:
- why you wish to participate in this program and why now
- your career aspirations for the next 5 to 10 years
- your current responsibilities (e.g., financial, clinical, for patients or clients, for staff)
- a record of accomplishment
- a summary of your experience working successfully across a broad set of stakeholders, including: clinicians; professional associations; governments; and other provider organizations
3) A reference letter
Please provide a reference letter from the most senior person in your organization. If you are CEO or Executive Director (in organizations where ED is the most senior staff position), the letter should be written by the Board Chair. These letters are quite important and should be detailed and specific with respect to why they believe you will benefit from this program and how they believe you will contribute to other participants. We recommend you share the admissions criteria with letter-writers in advance.
Register Now TC LHIN - Advanced Health System Leadership Program