MFin students live and work in the Toronto area, have an undergraduate degree, and relevant work experience in finance or business. They aim to accelerate their careers to become future finance leaders.
1. A recognized four-year undergraduate degree
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 or a mid-B average in the final year of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- If you studied outside of Canada, use the School of Graduate Studies' International Degree Equivalencies site to calculate your GPA
- Candidates who do not meet the GPA requirement may be eligible for non-standard admission
2. Work experience
- Minimum of two years of work experience in finance or a finance-related field strongly recommended.
- On average applicants have five years of work experience. View our MFin Class Profile tab for more details.
This program is structured for working professionals. We recommend all students have employment in the Greater Toronto area prior to starting their studies.
3. GMAT / GRE score
A GMAT or GRE score is required. Exemptions are available if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Passed CFA Level II or above
- Passed UFE or CFE through the CPA designation, or are a Canadian CPA
- Graduated from the University of Toronto with high distinction
- Obtained a professional designation in Engineering (P.Eng) or Actuarial Science (ACIA or FCIA)
GMAT test code: BTD-KS-41
GRE test code: 0853
- 2 work references, submitted as part of the online application
- 1 written essay (250 words), submitted as part of the online application
- All candidates who are admitted to the program will be interviewed. Interviews are by invitation only
7. English language proficiency
One of the following:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree from a recognized English language university
- TOEFL iBT (internet based test) score of 100 overall, with a minimum of 22 on speaking and writing. TOEFL test code: 8696.
- IELTS score of 7.0
The application fee is $195 CAD.
Please note: Applications are closed for 2021 entry. Exceptional domestic candidates (Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents) who meet all our entry criteria may still be eligible to apply, space permitting. Please submit your resume for assessment.