- Bachelor’s in Engineering (Electronics and Instrumentation), Anna University Chennai, India
Why did you decide to study the Master of Management Analytics program?
- I was quite passionate about data analytics and I wanted to make my career in the field of analytics.
- Data analytics techniques can reveal trends and metrics that would otherwise be lost in the mass of information. This information can then be used to optimize processes to increase the overall efficiency of a business or system.
- Data and analytics allow us to make informed decisions – and to stop guessing.
- Data and analytics can have real influence on the decisions a business takes, and on the outcome.
- It’s exciting. At the risk of making overly bold statements, the tools for handling large amounts of data and doing analytics are quite possibly advancing more rapidly than any other technology field today. With better tools, comes better understanding of how we should be doing analytics and how we should use the resulting information, all of which is evolving extremely fast.
- In such a new field, finding consensus around one single definition is hard. But in my opinion, data science is the process of creating (business) value from data. One of the best definitions of Data Analytics I’ve come across is: “Big Data is data that is so large that its volume becomes a problem in its own right.” Not only understanding the data, or how to make predictions based on the data, but the very fact that there’s so much of it that even something as simple as calculating final ticket fares requires specialised technology. That’s one of the things that sets data science apart from statistics.
What were your top reasons for choosing Rotman?
- A degree from Rotman at the University of Toronto is recognized everywhere in the world and also its global ranking.
- At Rotman, our next-door neighbors are some of the world’s most recognized companies and MNC’s.
- Rotman global alumni network is very strong with roots that run deep in Canada’s business community.
What are you looking forward to most in the program?
My main look forward is towards Practicum Project that are designed to provide students with practical work experience. They emphasize the importance of learning by doing. They're where students can transfer their knowledge to actual work. Practicums can also open many opportunities to network and make important contacts within the industry.
The Master of Management Analytics is designed to give students the advanced data management, analytics and communication skills needed to become an analytics professional.