- MMA Class of 2022
- Previous education:
- Bachelor of Science, Mathematics (minor in Commerce), University of British Columbia, 2021
Why did you decide to join the Master of Management Analytics program?
During my undergraduate degree, I knew that I was interested in the data science field. Therefore, all my co-op experiences were related to data to some extent. However, I do find a gap between real-life questions and analytical solutions, and the MMA is the perfect program that will help me close the gap. The MMA program will help me tell stories using the data we have, and this will allow me to use my modelling and analytical skills to make a greater impact in the business world.
Top reason(s) for choosing Rotman:
I chose Rotman for its strong connection with the industry, including alumni, industry leaders, and connections with leading companies in different industries. As well, I decided on Rotman because of its extraordinary location and for its reputation as one of the most prestigious business schools in Canada.
What are you looking forward to the most in the program?
- The practicum project that will allow us to solve real managerial questions using what we’ve learned from the MMA program.
- Connecting with Rotman alumni.
- Learning more about analytics and modelling through a variety of classes and hands-on projects.
- Learning from my peers and classmates as we all come from diverse backgrounds with different experiences.
What do you expect to gain in your next 11 months at Rotman?
- Ability to translate managerial questions into analytical questions
- Learn more about when to use which kind(s) of algorithms (models).
- Learn how to deliver business analytics results more efficiently to the general audience.
The Master of Management Analytics is designed to give students the advanced data management, analytics, and communication skills needed to become an analytics professional.