NEW for 2019: Two Morning and Evening MBA Applicants will Receive the Distinguished Creative Destruction Lab Fellowship
The Award Includes:
- A $20,000 Distinguished Entrance Award
- Guaranteed entrance into the Creative Destruction Lab (CDL) Program
- The CDL program enables recipients to work alongside Canada’s most successful entrepreneurs as well as venture founders of rapidly-growing tech companies
- 700+ GMAT Score
• Impeccable Career Track Record & Application
- An Affinity for Entrepreneurship, AI, Quantum Machine Learning, Science, Cities or Space
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Hustle and Grit
First Application Deadline: November 21, 2018.
The Creative Destruction Lab: An Ultra-Exclusive Opportunity & World-Class Venture Lab
The Creative Destruction Lab (CDL) at Rotman is one of world’s fastest growing venture labs. Launched in 2012, companies that have participated in the Lab have created more than $3 billion in equity value to date.
The Creative Destruction Lab combines first-time founders of science-based companies with students in order to create a synergy of deep technical knowledge and business acumen. CDL supports ventures that specialize in artificial intelligence, blockchain, cities, energy, health, space, and quantum machine learning.
Working in the CDL has been a great experience because I’ve learnt so much about working with early ventures, thinking about how to generate sales, and thinking about some of the challenges faced by venture-founders when they’re trying to build their company through the early stages.
- Rodney Cheung, Graduate of the Rotman Executive MBA program, 2017 CDL Program Participant
As a student in the one-year CDL course, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute in the process of equity value creation of these ventures. This is an experiential (on the job) learning experience that’ll allow you to develop financial models, sales and marketing strategies of growing technology businesses.
You’ll work alongside G7/ML7 fellows who are successful entrepreneurs that advise companies that go through the CDL program, including Ted Livingston (founder of Kik), Chris Hatfield (astronaut), and Tony Lacavera (founder of Wind Mobile).
Through the CDL course, you’ll be able to unlock your entrepreneurial ambitions and gain crucial hands-on experience. Alumni of the program include numerous successful ventures, such as Thalmic Labs (Waterloo), Atomwise (San Francisco), Deep Genomics (Toronto) and Kyndi (Palo Alto).
How to Apply
- Submit an application early
- First-round application deadlines for the Rotman Morning MBA and Evening MBA is November 21, 2018.
- Awards such as the Creative Destruction Lab fellowship are given on a rolling basis – the earlier you apply to the program, the better the chance of receiving an entrance-award such as the CDL fellowship.
To learn more about the CDL Fellowship, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.