CIRI-Rotman Investor Relations Certification
Drive an effective exchange of information with the investment community to achieve fair valuation.
Developed in partnership with the Canadian Investor Relations Institute (CIRI), the Investor Relations (IR) Certification Program covers all relevant areas of the multi-disciplinary role of IR, including capital markets, corporate governance, securities law, finance and communications. The Program also covers current IR challenges to meet the evolving demands on today’s IR professionals.
This Program equips IR professionals with lasting knowledge and skills to grow their influence with internal and external stakeholders as well as career advancement opportunities.
Contact Associate Director Sharon Doopan if you have any questions: 416.578.4952
Who should apply:
- Experienced investor relations professionals
- Individuals working closely with investor relations professionals
- Individuals who have experience in a related area and are interested in learning about an investor relations role
The 10-month Program starts with three days of in-person classes at the Rotman School of Business in Toronto, January 8-10, 2020. This is followed by eight months of online classes to provide flexibility and accommodate travel schedules of IROs. Each online class consists of a three-hour tutorial to be watched at leisure and a one-hour online class to discuss the lesson with faculty and fellow students, approximately every three weeks. The program concludes with two days of in-person classes, also at Rotman School of Business in Toronto, in the fall 2020 (date TBC).
Upon successful completion of the Program and exam, individuals will join an exclusive group of IROs with the designation of Certified Professional in Investor Relations (CPIR).
Rotman Executive Program faculty are known for their ability to translate the latest research into practical applications for the workplace, and to transmit skills to participants with the best teaching techniques. Industry leaders contribute to our programs to bring you the most up-to-date best practices and a wealth of real-world experience.
Terms & Conditions
Once your application has been reviewed and you have been accepted into the Program, you will receive an email confirmation of your enrolment and an invoice to be paid within 30 days.
CIRI must be notified in writing of all cancellations. If you are admitted to the Program, but find that you are unable to attend, you have the following cancellation options:
- Up to 60 days before program start Cancellation: You receive a full refund of the program fee. Transfer: You may transfer to the next available session with no transfer fee.
- From 60 days up to 30 days before program start Cancellation: You incur a 50% cancellation fee. Transfer: You incur a 20% transfer fee.
- Within 30 days of program start Cancellation: You incur a 100% cancellation fee. Transfer: You incur a 50% transfer fee. Note: Once you have paid the program fee, if you intend to transfer but do not attend the next Program, you forfeit the program fee.
CIRI members pay $10,500 while non members pay $12,500 (plus applicable taxes). This fee includes the in-person and online classes, all course materials as well as meals (breakfast, lunch and breaks) for the in-person classes.
In partnership with: