Leadership Development for Early Career Women Digital
Leadership Development for Early Career Women addresses fundamental leadership competencies and offers participants effective strategies for performance and career management.
Flexible Learning Design during COVID-19
Don’t feel alone while you learn online. This program has been designed to respect both the current challenges of working from home while maintaining and building connections with a class of your peers across different industries and organizations. You will still gain the networking and learning benefits of our in-class programs while learning from the comfort of your own home with a schedule adapted to your current needs
About the program
The Program promotes personal authenticity and self-cultivation as stepping-stones to team leadership and increased accountability. The Program includes a pre-program EQ Emotional Intelligence assessment and post-program coaching to enhance learning and establish a strategy for personal and professional growth.
October 19, 20, 25, 26 & 27, 2021
$3,400* + HST
Project and Team Leads, Managers and aspiring Leaders with 3 to 8 years' experience
A deposit of 50% of the program fee is required at time of application. The balance of the program fee is due 30 days after receipt of invoice or 30 days before the start of the program, whichever is first.
Application deadline: September 30, 2021
Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
Personal assessment of key strengths and growth areas, and understanding of Emotional Intelligence as an essential skill for effective team and individual performance
Understanding leadership style, communication strategies and techniques, gender, culture and relationship insights, and leading through change and uncertainty
Personal branding, self-assertion, negotiating for success, personal and organizational goal alignment and professional networking
Learn to use five negotiation strategies and discover how to harness these approaches and develop your own negotiation strengths.
Program dates and schedule
The program schedule includes:
- Instructor lead webinars running on October 19, 20, 25, 26 & 27 from 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. (EST)
- Guest executive alumnae from the Judy Project
- 1 – 2 hours per week of self-paced online study
- One-on-one coaching online by appointment only
- Online networking opportunities with peers
- Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
- Effective Leadership
- Personal Brand Power
- Get the Negotiation Edge
- Managing your Career and Personal Action Planning
- *Networking Session
Who should attend
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Candidates for the Leadership Development for Early Career Women are female Project and Team Leads, Managers and aspiring leaders with 3 to 8 years' experience who aspire to career growth and greater professional influence. Participants are first-line managers, middle managers, and individual contributors
This program will be particularly valuable if you:
- Have been identified as high-potential
- Are looking to develop your leadership and influencing skills
- Are seeking effective strategies and tools for professional success
- Are a new manager
Each application is reviewed by Rotman's admissions committee to ensure suitability of participants.
If space is available and eligibility requirements are met, participants will receive a notice of admission within 10 days of receipt of their completed application and fee deposit.
- Improve team leadership & performance
- Equip employees to take on more responsibility and accountability
- Enhance leadership effectiveness
- Develop high-potential female talent
- Learn how to assess your leadership style and its impact on a team
- Understand the power of influence
- Tap into your Emotional Intelligence to augment your effectiveness
- Develop your authentic brand
- Learn a negotiation approach that is sophisticated and effective
- Gain an external peer network
Fees and payment
$3,400* + HST
- All Program materials
- Completion certificate
- One on One Coaching
- Virtual Networking
Deposits are required at the time of application (refundable only to applicants not accepted to the program). The balance of the program fee is due 30 days after receipt of invoice or 30 days before program start date, whichever is first.
Rotman Initiative for Women in Business participants or Rotman MBA / EMBA alumni are eligible for a discount equivalent to 10% of the Program Fee. One discount may be applied per person
Please review the full version of our APPLICATION POLICIES » for cancellation information.
TAX INFORMATION – EMPLOYMENT-RELATED TRAINING
If the Program is employment-related training, Rotman must receive a letter from the employer confirming that the Program constitutes such training within the meaning of Canada Revenue Agency Interpretation Bulletin IT-470R. Generally, the Bulletin states that where the training is taken for the benefit of the employer, there is no taxable benefit to the employee.
If the tuition fee is paid for by the employer, it is the employer’s responsibility to determine whether or not the fees paid on behalf of the individual is a taxable benefit and should be included on his/her T4 slip.
TAX INFORMATION – NON-EMPLOYMENT-RELATED TRAINING
If an employer has not sanctioned that the Program is being taken for employment reasons, any discounts are taxable benefits to the individual participant and should be included on the individual’s tax return.
This program will be delivered online. This program requires:
- A stable internet connection
- The latest version of the Google Chrome internet browser
- The use of a microphone
- A web camera or computer/laptop that has a built in web camera