Business Edge Finance
About the Program
• Develop real-world skills for helping any organization become more effective.
• Establish an entire network of professionals all watching out for you.
• Earn a certificate from the Rotman School of Management.
• 7-month online program
• Weekday evenings & Saturday mornings
• Program fee $3,200. Financial support available through OBPAP.
• Customized professional coaching in career management, effective communication and emotional intelligence.
• Next session begins 20 January, 2024. Apply today.
Whether you’re looking to advance in your current role or simply looking to upskill what you know already, Business Edge Finance is a bridging program and a critical step for your finance career in Canada. It teaches the fundamentals of professional, effective communication, personal-brand development, and global finance trends – laying a practical path to a dynamic career in leadership roles.
Business Edge Finance instructors comprise a unique selection of esteemed Rotman School professors, enterprising company founders, and respected human resources authorities from across the Canadian business landscape.
|| An Extensive Peer Network of Support
A New Mindset
|Rotman School of Management Certification
It is impossible to overstate the value of the connections you’ll make. They will play roles in your career for years to come.
This learning is truly transformative. You’ll emerge with a newfound confidence, ready to effect change in your career path.
As one of Canada’s premier business schools, Rotman is a highly esteemed name in the corporate community.
• Middle to senior management experience in finance outside of Canada
• Canadian finance industry experience & aspiring to advance into leadership positions
• A growth mindset and a strong commitment to be open to feedback and taking action
January 20, 2024
7-month online program. Sessions will be held on a part-time basis during evenings and weekends.
*Financial support available through OBPAP
• Resident of Ontario
• Internationally trained immigrant, maximum eight years in Canada
• Canadian citizen, permanent resident, convention refugee, CUAET holder, or refugee claimant eligible to work in Canada
• Currently underemployed or unemployed
• Minimum 6 months’ relevant Canadian work experience
• Minimum 4-5 years’ relevant work experience outside of Canada
• Relevant university degree from outside of Canada
• Level 8 Canadian Language Benchmark
Business Edge Finance is structured around four key pillars of learning.
• Gain a deeper understanding of the language nuances around finance, leadership, and inclusivity.
• Start being seen as a leader in your current professional circles now by learning how to balance impact with empathy.
• Learn practical communication tools you’ll use with colleagues and stakeholders long after the course ends.
• Develop an understanding of your own unique set of values and how it influences communication with others.
• Learn to adapt behaviours that resonate universally across cultures, while staying true to the core principles that make you unique.
• Discover your own strategies to leverage team diversity and help you connect with people from across different backgrounds.
• Become at ease speaking about trends influencing today’s finance industry, including AI-based tech and environmental sustainability.
• Learn about innovations being developed to address current industry challenges.
• Get valuable face-to-face time with top-tier subject matter experts on topical trends so you can more effectively navigate the new reality with confidence.
• Learn how to speak to and rebrand your international experience to effectively communicate your goals for your career.
• Gain the fundamentals of self-promotion in the Canadian job market including effective resume writing and social media networking.
• Align what opportunities are open to you with your own personal aspirations for your professional years ahead.
Have questions? Fill out the form below
Program dates and schedule
- Instructor lead webinars on Tuesday evenings and on 13 Saturday mornings
- 8-10 hours per week of self-paced online study.
- Dedicated mentoring program, employer guest lectures, and online networking opportunities with peers.
Faculty and instructors
Walid Hejazi >>
Associate Professor of Economic Analysis and Policy
Andreas Park >>
Professor of Finance, Department of Management
Research Director, Financial Innovation Lab
Alexandra MacKay >>
Professor, Teaching Stream in Finance
Vice Dean, Undergraduate and Specialized Programs
Michael Kobrin >>
Melissa Magder >>
Career Coach, Cultures in Motion
Advisor of Strategic Initiatives, Region of Peel
Liza Robertson >>
Instructor, University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
Carolyn Meacher >>
Chief People Officer, dentsu international
Sarah Neville >>
Founder and Principal of Open Line
Fees and payment
*Financial support available
- All Program materials
- Completion certificate
- Online networking opportunities
A deposit of $416 of the program fee is required at the time of acceptance into the program. The balance of the program fee will be due after the program start date.
TAX INFORMATION – EMPLOYMENT-RELATED TRAINING
If the Program is employment-related training, Rotman must receive a letter from the employer confirming that the Program constitutes such training within the meaning of Canada Revenue Agency Interpretation Bulletin IT-470R. Generally, the Bulletin states that where the training is taken for the benefit of the employer, there is no taxable benefit to the employee.
If the tuition fee is paid for by the employer, it is the employer’s responsibility to determine whether or not the fees paid on behalf of the individual is a taxable benefit and should be included on his/her T4 slip.
TAX INFORMATION – NON-EMPLOYMENT-RELATED TRAINING
If an employer has not sanctioned that the Program is being taken for employment reasons, any discounts are taxable benefits to the individual participant and should be included on the individual’s tax return.
This program will be delivered virtually over Zoom. This program requires:
- A stable internet connection
- The latest version of the Google Chrome internet browser
- A Zoom account (sign up for free)
- A web camera or computer/laptop that has a built in web camera, and the use of a microphone