The Rotman One-Year Executive MBA program is more than a degree — it’s an intense, hands-on leadership experience that will change the way you think. We’ll give you analytical tools and invaluable insights to help you get the career you want. The 13-month format ensures you maximize your learning experience while you minimize your time away from work.
One of the world’s top business schools, Rotman’s reputation is built on its outstanding faculty from all over the globe. They’re distinguished by their ground-breaking research, authority in the business world, and accessibility to students.
For over 30 years, we’ve been helping managers and executives reach their goals. Contact us any time to find out how our EMBA program can fast-track you to success.
Our program is structured around four terms, each of which includes a one-week residential module in downtown Toronto. Regular class sessions take place over two days, twice a month, on a Friday and Saturday. The innovative curriculum is based on leadership development, Integrative Thinking, and better decision making.
First, we’ll teach you the foundations of business problem-solving — accounting, finance, marketing, and strategy. The entire second term is devoted to the key personal skills you need to lead, whether you have a team of two or two-hundred.
Throughout the program, you’ll be working on current business dilemmas in your company with your classmates. You’ll be able to apply your newfound knowledge and skills in your workplace immediately. Our award-winning faculty, renowned for their stature in the international business world, give students first access to the latest research. We address current business issues as they unfold, ensuring our program meets the needs of today’s executives.
International electives are also available, letting you explore global opportunities for learning at one of our distinguished partner institutions.
Our rigorous admissions criteria ensure that each of the 55-70 students we admit each year add value to your experience. We look for high achievers who can already demonstrate significant professional success and potential for advancement. Your class will be a diverse group of professionals: from business and finance executives to doctors, lawyers, engineers, non-profit leaders and entrepreneurs, among others.
Program fee includes meals on class days, all program materials and textbooks, and hotel accommodations during residential modules.
- $8,000 due upon acceptance of offer of admission
- balance due in four payments (September, November, January and March)
Scholarships are available, each valued at $10,000.
The deadline to apply for admissions scholarships is July, 16, 2014.
Early Enrollment Incentive Deadlines:
March 1, 2014 ($7,500 off* full program fee of $106,000)
May 15, 2014 ($5,000 off* full program fee of $106,000)
Full program fee applies to those who submit an application and accept an offer to the program after May 15, 2014.
*Reduced program fees apply when full applications are completed on or before the early enrollment date.
Minimum admission requirements:
● 8 years of work experience, with at least 3 years at the management level
● If you have a recognized undergraduate degree (preferred), you have the choice of writing the EMBA Diagnostic Tool (EDT), the GMAT or the GRE. Preference will be given to GMAT (or GRE equivalent ) scores of 550 or higher. Copies of transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you have attended will be required for admission.
● If you do not have an undergraduate degree that is recognized by the University of Toronto, you must write the GMAT or GRE. Preference will be given to GMAT (or GRE equivalent) scores of 550 or higher.
● Ability to work in teams and demonstrate leadership skills
● Two professional reference letters and a letter of support from your employer
All candidates must be proficient in English. Some applicants may need to complete a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Contact us to find out if this is a requirement for you.
Ready to apply?
Fill out our pre-application form. Once we’ve determined your fit, we’ll call you within two business days to schedule an interview. If all goes well, you’ll be asked to submit a formal application package, including a $300 CAD application fee.
The admissions committee will notify you within one week of your acceptance to the EMBA program.
Need more information?
Read some of our most frequently asked questions, and preview the application form.
Enriched Learning Environment
Each EMBA class is a diverse group of people that could include executives from multinational corporations, health care professionals, media managers, or entrepreneurs running their own businesses. Students are selected for their motivation, professional and personal achievements, potential for continuing success, and strong interpersonal skills. Because of this, our classes are a stimulating learning environment in which students can cross-pollinate ideas with others as talented and capable as they are.
Supportive Study Groups
Working in study groups provides our students with opportunities to enhance the communications, presentation, and team skills that will accelerate their career advancement. Students report tremendous satisfaction at being part of such a supportive and motivating environment, often building friendships that last a lifetime
35% Female | 65% Male
Average age: 38
Years of work: 12
Years of management: 7
In today’s global market, competition for the best talent is fierce. Leading international companies know that investing in human capital is a matter of strategy: retaining talent is key, and tapping into thought leadership in global business is essential to remaining competitive.
Return on Investment for Employers (PDF)
What is the employer's commitment?
- Arrange the work schedules and responsibilities of participants to allow for their attendance. Courses are structured to maximize the transfer of knowledge while minimizing the time participants spend away from work. Class days are scheduled every two weeks on Friday and Saturday. There are also four one-week residential sessions during the program.
- Encourage the student to conduct in-company projects for their project-based coursework. In the past, companies have seen significant returns on this type of work.
- Consider providing the Executive MBA candidate with financial support for his/her tuition. Investing in an Executive MBA will pay dividends for years to come.
Return on Investment for Students (PDF)
What's the value of self-funding your degree?
The return on investment for participants is both personal and professional.
Many Rotman EMBA students are keen to discover the new doors the program will open in their career, and see a freedom of choice in paying for the program independently of their employer.
- When you invest in the Rotman EMBA program, you will gain an internationally recognized degree from one of the world's most prestigious universities, and gain access to some of the top business minds anywhere.
- Many EMBA graduates also enjoy significant jumps in their salaries following the program, as a result of increased scope and level of responsibility.
- Gaining an advanced degree can help managers and executives who are in career transition.
- The program is an investment in yourself and in your career. A Rotman EMBA will give you more options and greater leverage in your career. It will pay dividends for many years to come
Ready to apply?
1. Fill out our pre-application form:
2. Once we have reviewed your pre-application, we will call you within 2-3 business days to discuss your candidacy.
3. If you pass the interview, you will be asked to submit a formal application package, including a $300 application fee.
4. Within one week of completing the full application, we will make an admissions decisions and you will be contacted regarding the outcome.