Employers and recruiters
Created in response to the need for specialized talent in risk management and compliance that the finance industry demands, our eight-month program will enable students to master the complex issues involved in risk management and to accelerate their own career trajectory.
MFRM student profile:
- Proven track record of academic excellence
- Quantitative proficiency
- Financial business acumen paired with critical thinking ability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High potential, with limited professional experience
- Passion for risk management
Hire a MFRM graduate
Students will begin their degree in September each year and will be searching for full-time employment opportunities which start in the following May.
For questions regarding MFRM student recruitment and careers, please e-mail MFRMCareers@rotman.utoronto.ca
Recommended Recruitment Timeframe: February - June
To provide employers with the best reflection of students’ capabilities and grasp on risk management concepts, our recommendation is to focus recruitment activities (job postings, interviews and offers) starting in February.
By that time, students will have completed the first half of the curriculum, and their two-month applied industry project. Thus, this timeframe coincides with the opportunity to meet students whose skills are honed.
To host an Information Session or coffee chat specifically targeting MFRM students, please contact Carolyn Wright, Assistant Director, Career Services, MFRM for further details.
Opportunities to Collaborate and Connect
We have in place a number of initiatives to foster collaboration between our students and our industry partners:
- Global Risk Institute (GRI) Speaker Series
- The Rotman Risk Management Project (proposals for 2018-19)
- Mentorship Opportunities and Coffee Chats
For further curriculum & collaboration inquiries, please contact:
Academic Director, MFRM