Careers in risk
A world of opportunity
Careers in risk management and trading are found throughout the finance and capital markets industries.
Rewarding careers in risk management and finance
As a graduate of the MFRM program, you will be well positioned for career opportunities in risk management, as well as any area of finance that calls for a thorough understanding of financial theory, and well developed quantitative and analytical skills.
There are a wide-range of positions available in risk for students with strong mathematical and computational backgrounds who wish to use cutting-edge modeling techniques as they apply to roles in regulation, portfolio management, and market, credit, and operational risk management in various organizations.
94% of graduates from our first two cohorts of the MFRM program (Class of 2017 and Class of 2018) successfully secured employment within 6 months of graduation. The roles they secured includes:
Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB)
- Investment Analyst, External Portfolio Management
East Coast Fund Management
- Associate, Investment Operations
Greystone Managed Investments Inc.
- Senior Analyst, Fixed Income & Multi-Asset
Polar Asset Management Partners Inc.
- Data and Reporting Analyst
Bank of Canada
Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ
BMO Bank of Montreal
- Assistant Consultant (Contract via Financial Risk Group)
- Senior Analyst, Counterparty Credit Risk – Platform Upgrade
- Senior Analyst, Structural Market Risk, Production Support
Central 1 Credit Union
- Credit and Counterparty Risk Analyst
- Treasury Analyst
- Analyst - Capital Risk
- Program Analyst, Operational Risk
- Regulatory Reporting Analyst, OTC Derivatives, Documentation
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
- Enterprise Recovery & Resolution Planning Analyst
- Global Trading Client Management
- Senior Analyst, Enterprise Risk Validation
- Analyst for Regulatory Solutions at RBC Investor & Treasury Services
- Senior Analyst, Group Treasury
- Senior Consultant, Financial Services Risk Management
- New Associate - Technology (Risk Assurance)
- Risk Management Analyst
- Verification Analyst, Financial Risk Management