Careers in Risk
A world of opportunity
Careers in risk management and trading are found throughout the finance and capital markets industries.
Rewarding careers in risk management and trading
As a graduate of the MFRM program, you will be well positioned for career opportunities in risk management and trading, as well as any area of finance that calls for a thorough understanding of financial theory, and well developed quantitative and analytical skills.
The role of risk analyst will suit students with good mathematical or computational skills, who wish to use cutting-edge quantitative modeling techniques to develop advanced risk assessment and hedging tools. Less quantitative roles include regulation, market, credit or operational risk management, portfolio management, and enterprise-wide risk management.
Typical roles in risk management and trading include:
- Analyst, Capital Markets Risk Management
- Enterprise Architecture and Information Security, Technology Risk Management
- Content Development Specialist
- Quantitative Risk Manager
- Credit Risk Analyst
- Financial Data Analyst
- Financial Engineer
- Solutions Specialist
- Associate Analyst
- Research Associate
- Credit & Regulatory Operations Analyst
- Corporate Investment Bank Advisor
- Senior Quantitative Risk Manager/Risk Analyst