Professor Philipp Afèche is on the Operations Management faculty. His research studies revenue, operations and supply chain management issues, focusing on pricing, service design and response time management problems. Philipp is publishing in premier journals such as Management Science, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, and Operations Research. He served as an expert for the U.S. National Research Foundation and the Israel Research Foundation. He is member of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences and chaired the Service Management Special Interest Group of the Manufacturing and Service Operations Management Society (2009-2011).
|2013 - ||Associate Professor of Operations Management; Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
|2007 - 2013 ||Assistant Professor of Operations Management; Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
|2005 - 2006 ||Visit. Assistant Professor of Operations Management; Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
|2003 - 2005 ||Assistant Professor of Operations Management; Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University.
|1997 - 2002 ||Assistant Professor of Information Management; Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University.
Selected Publications - Papers
- Customer retention, acquisition, and service access quality: optimal advertising, capacity level, and capacity allocation; Afèche, P., M. Araghi, O. Baron; M&SOM, Vol. 19; 2017; Pages: 674â€“691.
- Optimal price/lead-time menus for queueing systems with customer choice: segmentation, pooling, and strategic delay; Afèche, P. and M.Pavlin; forthcoming, Management Science; 2015
- Pricing and prioritizing time-sensitive customers with Heterogeneous demand rates; Afèche, P., O. Baron, J. Milner, R. Roet-Green; under revision for Operations Research; 2015
- Rational abandonment from priority queues: equilibrium strategy and pricing implications; Afèche, P., V. Sarhangian; under review; 2015
- Double-sided batch queues with abandonment: modeling crossing networks; Afèche, P., A. Diamant, J. Milner; Operations Research, Vol. 62; 2014; Pages: 1179-1201
- Incentive-compatible revenue management in queueing systems: optimal strategic delay [2014 MSOM Best Paper Award]; Afèche, P.; M&SOM, Vol. 15; 2013; Pages: 423-443
- Bayesian dynamic pricing in queueing systems with unknown delay cost characteristics; Afèche, P. and B. Ata; M&SOM, Vol. 15; 2013; Pages: 292-304
- Pricing time-sensitive services based on realized performance; Afèche, P., O. Baron, Y. Kerner; M&SOM, Vol. 15; 2013; Pages: 492-506
- Pricing and priority auctions in queueing systems with a generalized delay cost structure; Afèche, P. and H. Mendelson; Management Science, Vol. 50; 2004; Pages: 869-882.
- Incentive-compatible revenue management in queueing systems: optimal strategic idleness and other delay tactics; Afèche, P; Working Paper; 2004
- Delay performance in stochastic processing networks with priority service; Afèche, P.; Operations Research Letters, Vol. 31; 2003; Pages: 390-400
- Decentralized service supply chains with multiple time-sensitive customer segments: pricing, capacity, and coordination; Afèche, P.; under revision for M&SOM
- Competition among risk-averse newsvendors; Afèche, P. and N. Sanajian; under revision for NRL
- The Downside of Reorder Flexibility under Price Competition; Afèche, P., M. Hu, Y. Li; under revision for M&SOM
Selected Publications - Books and Chapters
- Economics of data communications; Afèche, P.; In: Handbook in Information Systems Vol. 1: Economics and Information Systems, Hendershott, T. (ed.); 2006; Pages: 53 - 135.
Honors and Awards
|2014 ||Best Paper Award; Manufacturing & Service Operations Management
|2007, 2010-14 ||Excellence in Teaching; University of Toronto, Rotman School of Management
|2008-11 ||Connaught New Staff Matching Grant (Research); University of Toronto
|Manufacturing and Service Operations Management Society (MSOM)
|Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
Research and Teaching Interests
Operations and economics of response time management in service, manufacturing and information systems; pricing and revenue management; service operations; supply chain management; healthcare operations.
Login to my account
SHARE THIS --