Richard M. Bird
Richard Bird is Professor Emeritus at Rotman; Senior Fellow of the Institute for Municipal Governance and Finance, Munk School of Global Affairs; Distinguished Visiting Professor, Andrew Young School of Public Policy in Atlanta; and Adjunct Professor, Australian School of Taxation and Business Law in Sydney. He has lectured and published extensively on tax and public finance issues in many countries. He currently chairs the Advisory Group of the International Centre for Tax and Development at the Institute for Development Studies (UK).
|2001-2004 ||Visiting Professor of Law; Harvard University
|1999- ||Distinguished Visiting Professor; Andrew Young School of Public Policy, Georgia State University
|2003- ||Adjunct Fellow;International Tax and Investment Center
|2003- ||Fellow;C.D.Howe Institute
Selected Publications - Books and Chapters
- Financing Infrastructure: Who Should Pay?; Bird,R., E. Slack; McGill-Queens University Press; 2017; Pages: 311 pp.
- Is Your City Healthy? Measuring Urban Fiscal Health; Bird, R., Slack, E., eds.; Institute of Public Administration of Canada; 2015; Pages: 215 pp.
- Taxation and Development: The Weakest Link?; RM Bird, and J Martinez-Vazquez; Edward Elgar; 2013; Pages: 450 pp.
- A Tale of Two Taxes: Property Tax in Ontario; RM Bird, E Slack and A Tassonyi; Lincoln Institute of Land Policy; 2012; Pages: 275 pp.
- The VAT in Developing and Transitional Countries; RM Bird and PP Gendron; Cambridge University Press; 2007; Pages: 300 pp
Honors and Awards
|2017 ||Lifetime Contribution Award; Canadian Tax Foundaton
|2013 ||Queen's Diamond Jubilee Award; Canadian Tax Foundation
|1978 ||Fellow; Royal Society of Canada
|1997 ||Douglas Sherbaniuk Award; Canadian Tax Foundation
|2006 ||Daniel M. Holland Award; National Tax Association
Research and Teaching Interests
Current research interests include tax policy, tax administration, local finance and intergovernmental fiscal relations particularly in developing countries.
Login to my account
SHARE THIS --