MFin students live and work in the Toronto area, have an undergraduate degree, and relevant work experience in finance or business. They aim to accelerate their careers to become future finance leaders.
1. Work Experience
- Minimum of two years of work experience in finance or a finance-related field strongly recommended.
- On average applicants have five years of work experience. View our MFin Class Profile (pdf document) for more detail.
This program is structured for working professionals. We recommend all students have employment in the Greater Toronto area prior to starting their studies.
2. Undergraduate Degree
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 or a mid-B average in the final year of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- If you studied outside of Canada, use the School of Graduate Studies' International Degree Equivalencies site to calculate your GPA
- Candidates who do not meet the GPA requirement may be eligible for non-standard admission
3. GMAT / GRE Score
A GMAT or GRE score must be submitted, unless you hold one of the following:
- Candidates who have passed CFA Level II are exempt from the GMAT/GRE entrance requirement; OR
- Candidates who have passed UFE or CFE through the CA designation are exempt from the GMAT/GRE entrance requirement; OR
- Candidates who graduated from the University of Toronto with high distinction are exempt from the GMAT/GRE entrance requirement;
- Candidates who have obtained a professional designation in Engineering (P.Eng) or Actuarial Science (ACIA or FCIA)
GMAT test code: BTD-KS-41
GRE test code: 0853
- 2 work references, submitted as part of the online application
- 1 written essay (250 words) & 1 video essay, submitted as part of the online application
- All candidates who are admitted to the program will be interviewed. Interviews are by invitation only
7. English Language Proficiency
One of the following:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree from a recognized English language university
- TOEFL iBT (internet based test) score of 100 overall, with a minimum of 22 on speaking and writing. TOEFL test code: 8696.
- IELTS score of 7.0
The application fee is $195 CAD.