Our BEAR Speaker Series feature top behavioural scientists and practitioners who share the latest research and insights with managers and policymakers.
PAST EVENTS LIST
- Pathways to Privacy Symposium 2017, in partnership with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (Mar 10, 2017) (FR)
- Market for Self-Control: The New Product Challenge,in partnership with the Rotman DesignWorks and Creative Destruction Lab (Jan-Feb, 2017)
- A Behavioural Lens on Poverty Alleviation, in partnership with the Poverty Reduction Strategy Office, Government of Ontario (Nov 23, 2016)
- Behavioural Decision Research in Management Conference (#BDRM 2016): The leading conference in behavioural research conducted in business schools, hosted at the Rotman School of Management this year. (June 9-11, 2016)
- BEAR Speaker Series: Richard Thaler, Professor of Behavioural Science and Economics at the University of Chicago and Author of “Misbehaving” and “Nudge.” (May 18, 2016)
- BEAR Speaker Series: Dr. Mike Evans, Physician at St. Michael’s Hospital on Using High Quality “Infectious” Social Media to Engage in Peer-to-Peer Healthcare (World Health Day, April 7th, 2016)
- BEAR Speaker Series: Shlomo Benartzi, Author of “Save More Tomorrow” and “The Smarter Screen,” UCLA on The Smarter Screen: Surprising Ways to Influence and Improve Online Behaviour (Feb 23, 2016)
- BEAR Speaker Series: Tiina Likki, the U.K. Behavioural Insights Team (Jan 13, 2016)
- Financial Inclusion and Wellbeing Forum, in partnership with the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (Nov 24, 2015)
- Forum on Consumer Privacy in the Online Marketplace, in partnership with the Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services (Oct 8, 2015)
BEAR Past Events
Jonah Berger on Invisible Influence
Speaker: Jonah Berger, Professor of Marketing, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business; Author Topic: "Invisible Influence: The Hidden Forces that Shape Behavior"
Steve Sloman on the Knowledge Illusion
Speaker: Steve Sloman, Professor of Cognitive, Linguistic and Psychological Sciences, Brown University; Editor in Chief of the journal Cognition; Author Topic: "The Knowledge Illusion: Why We Never Think Alone"
Cass Sunstein on Working Simpler
SPEAKER: Cass R. Sunstein, Professor of Law, Harvard Law School; former Administrator, White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs; Author, Simpler: The Future of Government; Co-author, Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness TOPIC: "A New Understanding of How Government Can Work Simpler" Big Ideas Speaker Series @ Rotman
Chip Heath on How to Make Better Choices in Life & Work
SPEAKER: Chip Heath, Thrive Foundation for Youth Professor of Organizational Behavior, Stanford Graduate School of Business; Co-Author (with Dan Heath), Decisive: How to Make Better Choices in Life and Work (Random House, 2013) IN CONVERSATION WITH: Dean Roger Martin
Dan Ariely on the Truth About Dishonesty
SPEAKER: Dan Ariely, James B. Duke Professor of Psychology and Behavioral Economics, Duke University; Founder and Director, Center for Advanced Hindsight; Author, The (Honest) Truth About Dishonesty.How We Lie To Everyone - Especially Ourselves (Harper, June 2012); Predictably Irrational and The Upside of Irrationality
David Halpern on Behavioural Insights From 10 Downing Street
SPEAKER: Dr. David Halpern, Chief Executive, United Kingdom Behavioural Insights Team Moderator: Prof. Mary Condon, Vice-Chair, Ontario Securities Commission TOPIC: The Behavioural Insights Factor: Reflections from 10 Downing St Behavioural Insights Experts Speaker Series @ Rotman. taped May 8, 2014
Daniel Kahneman on the Machinery of the Mind
"The Machinery of the Mind" Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Laureate in Economic Sciences (1992), Professor of Psychology Emeritus, Princeton and Professor of Public Affairs at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs; Author, Thinking, Fast and Slow
Dilip Soman on The Last Mile
Behavioural Science Experts Speaker Series @Rotman Speaker: Dilip Soman, Corus Chair in Communication Strategy, Professor of Marketing & Coordinator, Behavioural Economics in Action Research Cluster, Rotman School of Management/UofT Topic: "The Last Mile: Creating Social and Economic Value from Behavioural Insights"