GEMBA-HLS: Why, Where, Who
Global Executive MBA for Healthcare and the Life Sciences: Why, Where and Who
Download this one-page program information sheet to see the collective profile, job levels and functions of the GEMBA-HLS cohorts over several years.
Why a sector-specific MBA?
Strategic leadership in healthcare and life sciences is essential. The Rotman School’s Global Executive MBA for Healthcare and the Life Sciences is designed to help participants develop expertise to drive system-wide change, drawing on best practices from across the globe.
Benefits of GEMBA-HLS for organizations and health systems
- Integrate best practices and leading business research
- Access new insights and latest expertise to reshape your organization and health system and create patient value
- Reward top talent; retain high achievers
- Grow your reputation as industry leader and employer of choice
- Transform how your organization thinks, leads and drives healthcare and life sciences innovation in a world without boundaries
A global campus
This 18-month journey blends in-person and self-paced distance learning, and immerses participants in key healthcare clusters around the world:
- San Francisco
Who GEMBA-HLS is for
Mid- to senior-level professionals working in healthcare and life sciences organizations:
- service delivery organizations
- care providers
- public agencies
- consulting firms
- the sciences
- suppliers and players
- regulatory professionals
Why the University of Toronto, and why Rotman?
- U of T is Canada’s leading university and a global Top 20 learning institution
- The University invests over $1 billion per year in healthcare-related innovation
- Rotman faculty are world-renowned for thought leadership, tackling challenges across the healthcare/life sciences sector
- Rotman is uniquely positioned to play a leading role in healthcare/life sciences innovations with a dedicated health research focus through the Sandra Rotman Centre for Health Sector Strategy
34% Healthcare providers
26% Administrative leaders
21% Industry leaders
13% Scientists and researchers
6% Government and policy leaders
5% Medical advisor
16 years% average work experience
8 years% average management experience
42% average age
54%:46% male-female ratio
Global experience (across several cohorts)
There's no such thing as a "typical" GEMBA-HLS student. Program participants come from many diverse backgrounds and from all over the world; this unique mixture is one of the strengths of the program as students share ideas, opportunities and solutions. Your global network will stay with you long after graduation.
Trinidad & Tobago