We look holistically at candidates, giving equal weight to grades, professional achievements, interpersonal skills and leadership potential.
Our admission decisions are holistic: we are looking for unique people, not profiles. Although there is no model application, successful candidates share some qualities that help
make them stand out. We believe that exposure to a rich variety of viewpoints makes for a superior learning experience, and pride ourselves on building diverse classes of exceptional individuals.
- Strong academic performance
- Awards and scholarships
- Progressive experience
- Community involvement
History of impact
- Admission interview
- Resilience and grit
- Unique accomplishments
The following basic criteria are used in assessing applicants. Due to the competitive nature of admissions to the program, successful candidates tend to exceed the minimum requirements.
Prospective students apply through the Rotman portal, which walks applicants through the below and provides forms to fill out for several criteria. To see more details, you can start an application, save it, and come back to it later.
1. Undergraduate degree
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in the final year of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- If you studied outside Canada, use the International Degree Equivalencies site to calculate your GPA.
- Unofficial transcripts may be submitted initially; if an offer is extended based on these, it will be conditional. For the offer to become final, official transcripts must be submitted by a specific date before class activities begin in August.
2. GMAT / GRE score
- A GMAT or GRE score must be submitted.
- A minimum score of 550 is required. It is important to note that consideration for entrance awards begins at scores above 600, and 650+ is required to be considered for distinguished awards.
- Latest Admission News: GMAT requirements waived for applicants who have passed the CFA III examination.
GMAT test code: BTD-KS-99
GRE test code: 8696
3. Work experience
- Two years of experience is required.
- On average, applicants have six years of work experience.
- Preferably from workplace supervisors from current and previous employment.
- No need to request a letter; applicants provide contact information via a form on the portal.
- Two written essays
- One essay should be approx. 250 words in length and the other 500 words. Topics are provided on the application portal. Time permitting, our admissions team is happy to review your essay before you submit your application.
7. English language proficiency
One of the following:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree from an recognized English-language university
- TOEFL iBT (internet based test) score of 100 overall, with a minimum of 22 on speaking and writing
- IELTS score of 7.0
TOEFL code: 8696
- All candidates will be interviewed before they are offered admission to the program. Interviews are by invitation only.
Please note there is an application fee of CDN$195.
Create an online profile with us so you can stay informed about the program(s) you're interested in and easily register for upcoming admission events.
Connect with our admissions team well before you start your application so we can help you showcase your best qualities, regardless of your academic or professional background. Sending us your resume for an informal pre-assessment is a great way to get the conversation started.