Our Strength: Our Program
Rotman PhD courses provide you with the methodological and theoretical training required for exceptional research in your field. Required courses are designed to provide you with a solid theoretical and methodological foundation for further study.
Math-Stat Review (Aug)
PhD Microeconomics I
PhD Econometrics I
PhD Macroeconomics I
PhD Microeconomics II
PhD Econometrics II
PhD Corporate Finance
PhD Finance Theory
PhD Empirical Methods
Special Topics I
Special Topics II
Finance Comp - Paper
- Finance workshop is required for year 3 and beyond.
You are expected to become RAs and/or TAs after passing the Micro Comp. You are not encouraged to do RA/TA work before the Micro Comp.
- As soon as you pass the Micro Comp exam, you are expected to start working on the second-year paper for the Finance Comp.
- Both the Micro Comp and the Finance Comp are important tests that you must pass.
- To be exempt from any of the courses specified above, you need to get permission from the finance area PhD coordinator.
- The five economics PhD courses are “required minor” courses. The “required major” courses are the finance PhD courses.
- Course grades of A- and above are considered to be normal performances.