Toronto – A new gift from Air Canada will support the Women and Leadership Experts Speakers Series hosted by the Initiative for Women in Business (IWB) at the University of Toronto’s Rotman School of Management. The IWB has been hosting the Speakers Series for 11 years, bringing 4 events each year to the broader Rotman and business community. Air Canada’s two-year sponsorship of this speaker series demonstrates their commitment to inclusion and diversity.
The Women and Leadership Speaker Series was launched in 2008 and has hosted dozens of distinguished speakers including:
- Sallie Krawcheck, CEO and Co-Founder Ellevest and Past CEO of Merrill Lynch and Citi Wealth
- Whitney Johnson, one of the 50 leading business thinkers in the world (Thinkers50) and author of the award-winning Build an “A” Team: Play To Their Strengths and Lead Them Up the Learning Curve
- Linda Hill, Top 10 management thinkers from the Thinkers 50 list, Harvard Professor, co-author of Collective Genius: The Art and Practice of Leading Innovation,
- Gretchen Rubin, Five-time New York Times bestselling author, podcaster, and speaker, creator of the Four Tendencies framework, exploring happiness and good habits.
- Joann Lublin, Pulitzer Prize Winning Author of Earning It: Hard-Won Lessons from Trailblazing Women at the Top of the Business World and former Management News Editor of the Wall Street Journal
- Michael Kaufman, PhD, has worked extensively with the United Nations and with governments, NGOs, corporations, trade unions, and universities promoting gender equality and transforming men's lives.
- Margaret Heffernan, Past CEO of multiple tech companies and Best-Selling author of Willful Blindness
- Kirstine Stewart, Member of the Executive Committee World Economic Forum, Head of Shaping the Future of Media, Entertainment and Information, Former VP at multiple media organizations, including Twitter.
Each of the events has attracted more than 150 professionals from the Greater Toronto Area.
The first event of the series will be on November 7 at the Rotman School with a panel discussion on “Engaging Men to Advance Women - How men in the “tough” sectors like Technology and Mining engage and support women’s career advancement.” Moderated by Professor Beatrix Dart, Executive Director of the Initiative for Women in Business, male leaders from the tech and mining sectors will discuss their challenges and successes. Panelists include David Pathe, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Sherritt International Corporation, Neil D. Fraser, President, Medtronic Canada and Jonathan Lister, Country Manager and VP, Global Sales Solutions, LinkedIn Canada.
About Air Canada
Air Canada is Canada's largest domesticand international airline serving nearly 220 airports on six continents. Canada's flag carrier is among the 20 largest airlines in the world and in 2018 served nearly 51 million customers. Air Canada provides scheduled passenger service directly to 62 airports in Canada, 53 in the United States and 101 in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America and South America. Air Canada is a founding member of Star Alliance, the world's most comprehensive air transportation network serving 1,250 airports in 195 countries. Air Canada is the only international network carrier in North America to receive a Four-Star ranking according to independent U.K. research firm Skytrax, which also named Air Canada the 2019 Best Airline in North America. For more information, please visit: aircanada.com/media, follow @AirCanada on Twitter and join Air Canada on Facebook.
About Initiative for Women in Business
The RotmanSchool of Management remains the only business school in Canada to have an Initiative dedicated to strengthening the female talent pipeline. From the classroom to the boardroom, the Rotman Initiative provides leadership development opportunities, new ways of thinking and vital connections with like-minded professionals. For more information about the Women and Leadership Experts Speakers Series, visit www.rotman.utoronto.ca/ProfessionalDevelopment/InitiativeForWomenInBusiness.aspx
About the Rotman School of Management
The Rotman School of Management is part of the University of Toronto, a global centre of research and teaching excellence at the heart of Canada’s commercial capital. Rotman is a catalyst for transformative learning, insights and public engagement, bringing together diverse views and initiatives around a defining purpose: to create value for business and society. For more information, visit www.rotman.utoronto.ca.
For more information:
Manager, Media Relations
Rotman School of Management
University of Toronto