Global Executive MBA for Healthcare and the Life Sciences program overview
The program brings together professionals from across the full healthcare and life sciences value chain. Gain the broad perspective and integrative expertise you need to reshape your own organization and create patient value.
The Rotman Global Executive MBA for Healthcare and the Life Sciences program is an intensive 18-month journey that immerses you in key healthcare clusters around the world.
With modules in 4 cities — Toronto, the San Francisco Bay area, Singapore and London, UK and area — you will gain the knowledge and skills you and your organization need to succeed from leading faculty and sector leaders around the world.
"The challenge lies in finding new payment models, innovating across delivery models, and learning from the global knowledge of industries within and outside of healthcare. When you put these things together, the results are magic."
— Dante Morra, Chief of Staff, Trillium Health Partners
And while you explore current and future best practices globally, we’ll guide you through an in-depth assessment of your own capabilities to help you become a more impactful leader.
- Earn a top-tier MBA education especially tailored for healthcare and life sciences providers, payers, scientists, regulatory professionals, and suppliers
- Focus on global best practices in health systems, healthcare, and life sciences
- Travel and learn on-site in Toronto, the San Francisco Bay area, Singapore and London, UK and area, cities with incredible insights on healthcare and the life sciences
- Accelerate your career while accommodating your demanding schedule
- Drive strategic change within and across healthcare and life sciences organizations and systems
- Learn leading edge tools for making effective decisions with available data
- Design innovative solutions at Rotman's Creative Destruction Lab
The Rotman Global EMBA for Healthcare and the Life Sciences program begins every October with a first module in Toronto at the Rotman School of Management, University o f Toronto.
Over the 18 months of the program, students will partake in 23 courses structure in six modules, supplemented with online learning in a blended model.
18 months | 6 terms *
The schedule has been designed for personal and professional flexibility. The content will be delivered using a blended delivery model that weaves together in-class and on-site learning, with online support . Approximately 75 percent of sessions will be conducted face-to-face -- in the classroom and in the field.
| Module 1
|| Fall 2020
|October 18-28, 2020
| Winter 2021
|January 9-15, 2021
| Spring 2021
|April 11-17, 2021
||London, UK and area
||July 4-10, 2021
| Module 5
| San Francisco Bay Area
| Fall 2021
|November 6-13, 2021
||February 24-March 4, 2022
* Locations and dates subject to change
Check out more details about schedules and courses to give you a better sense of what you'll learn.
The globally-oriented program emphasizes the best of health systems and business, leading strategic change, data-driven decision-making, and entrepreneurship and innovation. Faculty draw on research, industry examples, case studies, and guests from Canada and around the world to enhance the learning experience. Each module of the program involves on-site experiences with firms and organizations that are leading healthcare and life sciences innovation in multiple countries.