- Previous degree: Bachelor of Commerce with a Specialization in Accounting with Co-op and French Immersion, University of Ottawa
Why did you decide to study the Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting program?
Having recently moved to Toronto for full-time work in January, I saw the program as the perfect opportunity to develop myself both personally and academically. As for my personal development I knew I would have the opportunity to meet students from all over Canada and learn to work together collaboratively through the various case competitions and social events during the program. This was very important to me given that I did not know many other individuals when I moved to Toronto.
In terms of my academic development I believed that the Rotman program would provide me with the tools and practice required to be best prepared for writing the CPA Common Final Examination. Since the program is heavily case based and incorporates technical requirements in a real-life business situation, it would allow me to master the concept of “case writing” in the CPA format from the beginning.
What are your main reasons for choosing Rotman?
- Great feedback received from students who completed the program in previous years
- Diversity of students from different universities and regions entering the program
- Fast tracking Core 1, Core 2, Elective 1 and Elective 2 over three months
- Focusing on school rather than working full-time and studying part-time, which can be very stressful
- Strong reputation of the Rotman business program and high student pass rate on the CFE
What are you looking forward to most in the program?
As social rep of my section I am looking most forward to meeting other students and organizing social events to bring the students together and spend some time relaxing and having fun during the intensive 12-month program. Further, I am also excited to continuously learn from the top-notch professors who have been able to explain complex concepts to us in a manner that was practical and understandable.
The Rotman Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting (GDipPA) is a CPA Accredited 12-week summer program that helps prepare you for the Common Final Examination (CFE) and satisfies the four modules of the CPA PEP.