- Name - Tarun Anand
- Degree - Master of Financial Risk Management
- Graduating year - 2022
- Previous education - Bachelor of Applied Science (Engineering) In Applied Mathematics and Applied Mechanics
Why did you decide to study the Master of Financial Risk Management program?
Considering my previous quantitative background, I chose to take this next step and enter the MFRM program to bridge my experience with my passion for finance. The additional features of the program like the tailored resources and workshops, and the proven world-class faculty made the decision easy and feel like it was a perfect fit for me.
What were your top reasons for choosing Rotman?
1. Center of Finance in Toronto
2. Access to a vast network of previous alumni
3. Highly efficient program to ensure the skills developed are marketable and relevant
4. Endless workshops, case competitions, and professional development opportunities
5. Diverse and international student body
6. Caring and driven career coaches
What are you looking forward to most in the program?
I am most looking forward to getting to know the inner play of financial risk, and the markets through the industry project. This is an invaluable and rare experience that should give me the credentials to land a dream job in finance, as I do not have any previous work experience in financial markets.
What do you expect to gain in your next 10 months at Rotman?
All things considered, I would like to mostly develop my soft skills and be able to directly communicate complex topics to all levels of skill. Obviously, the hard skills like model validations, programming skills, and knowledge of the inner working of hedging instruments will be drilled down, however, the collaborative interaction with the students and faculty is the thing I am most excited to pursue.
The Master of Financial Risk Management is a full-time program designed to prepare ambitious young professionals for careers in risk management and finance.