Rotman Giving Day
One Community. Infinite Possibilities
Thank you from Dean Susan Christoffersen
Thank you for your generosity and commitment to the Rotman community and our next generation of leaders.
We are thrilled to share the results and impact of our third annual Rotman Giving Day, which took place as part of Reunite
at Rotman on September 29:
raised in total
individual donors contributed
raised in total over last three years
"I give because knowledge is the most valuable investment that yields the best return."
—Rainbow Chik, BCOM '12
Our community’s generous contributions to the Rotman School of Management and Rotman Commerce propelled scholarships, capital projects and research and provided essential support for Rotman’s several centres and institutes. We were able to:
- Create two new funds to enhance student wellness and inclusivity: the Rotman EDI and Mental Health and Wellness funds will equip our students with the tools and resources to prioritize their well-being throughout the year
- Invest $35,961 to support the Rotman PhD Program
- Invest $17,325 to support the Asia Alumni Scholarship in Rotman Commerce and Rotman Commerce Annual Fund
"I give to because giving to Rotman is an investment in the future of leadership globally. I give because it has the potential to positively impact our collective future!"
—Nouman Ashraf, EMBA '06, Associate Professor, Teaching Stream, OBHRM
We were moved and inspired to see our alumni, donors, friends, faculty, students and staff ignite so many new possibilities, and we want to thank you
for your role in our collective success.
If you have questions about Rotman Giving Day or would like to learn more about donating to Rotman, please contact:
Senior Development Officer
You don’t have to wait for next Rotman Giving Day to make a gift! Learn more about online giving opportunities: at the Rotman School or Rotman Commerce.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions about Rotman Giving Day
When you donate to the Rotman School, you are investing in a better future.
Rotman Giving Day is a 24-hour fundraising campaign, inviting the Rotman community to harness our collective power in support of our students and researchers.
September 29, 2023 was our 3rd annual Rotman Giving Day, which takes place as part of Reunite at Rotman. We offered a dollar-for-dollar match on gifts up to $1,000, while matching funds lasted.
1. Can I only contribute to Rotman Giving Day during the 24-hour time period?
No, we typically open our donation page one month prior to Rotman Giving Day.
2. Can I give to a specific fund?
Certainly! Our featured funds this year are the Student Experience Funds, which will benefit students at the Rotman School of Management and Rotman Commerce, and the Invest in Inclusive Excellence at the Rotman School of Management. However, eligible gifts will be matched to any Rotman fund of the donor’s choice as long as matching funds are available.
3. Is there a minimum gift amount?
There is no minimum donation amount. All gifts – big or small – make an impact.
4. How can I create my own fund?
5. I'm interested in establishing a class gift - is this possible?
Yes! We're happy to help you establish a class or group gift! Please contact Alison Sasso, Senior Development Officer, at email@example.com for further information.
6. How do the matching funds work?
Eligible gifts will be matched dollar-for-dollar, up to a maximum of $1,000 per gift. For example, a $100 gift will be matched with $100, and a $5,000 gift will be matched with $1,000. All eligible gifts will be matched, while matching funds last.
7. Can I make my gift over the phone or by mail?
It is highly preferred that gifts are made online.
- You can also make your donation by mailing cheques (made out to ‘University of Toronto’) to the following address:
21 King’s College Circle
Toronto, ON M5S 3J3
- Please note cheques dated after Rotman Giving Day will not be eligible for matching funds.
- If you do not wish to make an online donation, please call Donations Management at 416-978-0811 or toll-free 1-800-463-6048. Please note that this phone line is only for processing donations and not for general inquires. Any general Rotman Giving Day inquires can go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. How are online payments processed?
Our donation processing system is completely protected and secure. Information collected is only used by Rotman and the University of Toronto and will not be sold or shared with any third-party organization. Your credit card information will not be stored.
9. Will I receive a tax receipt for my donation?
- Yes. Tax receipts will be issued for all donations. When you make a gift online you will receive your tax receipt automatically by email right after your donation is made.
- Not a resident of Canada? Alumni and friends around the world can still help U of T in its mission. Find out more about international giving here.
10. What kind of tax credits exist for donors when giving to Rotman?
11. What follow up will I receive from Rotman regarding my gift?
Once you’ve made an online gift, you will receive a confirmation email that the donation transaction was successfully completed. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please reach out to email@example.com and we will look into this for you. We share the results and impact of Rotman Giving Day with all donors in November.
12. How can I make a monthly or recurring gift?
To make a new recurring gift online, please click here (after the Rotman Giving Day donation page opens) and select the ‘monthly’ tab.
- To make your recurring gift over the phone, please call 416-978-0811 or toll-free 1-800-463-6048.
- Please note that only the payment received by the end of day on Rotman Giving Day will count and as such will be eligible for matching, as matching funds are available.
- If you have additional questions about monthly gifts, you can connect with Alison Sasso, Senior Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. What is the University of Toronto’s charitable status?
The University of Toronto is a registered charitable organization. Charitable registration number: BN # 108162330-RR0001.
14. I still have questions. How can I get in touch?