Our BEAR Speaker Series feature top behavioural scientists and practitioners who share the latest research and insights with managers and policymakers. Recent speakers include Cass Sunstein (co-author of Nudge), Dan Pink (author of When), Steven Sloman (author of The Knowledge Illusion), Angela Duckworth (author of GRIT), and Anindya Ghose (author of TAP: Unlocking the Mobile Economy).
- Watch videos of past expert speakers at Rotman, including Cass Sunstein, Dan Ariely, Daniel Kahneman, and BEAR’s Director Dilip Soman.
- Visit the 2018 Behavioural Insights in Canada Conference websiteto watch videos from the 2018 Behavioural Insights in Canada Conference, held on March 2018 in collaboration with the Government of Canada, Government of Ontario, Government of British Columbia, and the Behavioural Science and Policy Association.
- Watch the full recording of the Behavioural Lens on Poverty Alleviation, held on November 2016 in partnership with the Poverty Reduction Strategy Office, Government of Ontario.
- Watch the full recording of the Financial Literacy and Well-Being Forum at Rotman, held on November 2015 in partnership with the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada.
SOBDR - Southern Ontario Behavioural Decision Research Conference 2023
The Southern Ontario Behavioural Decision Research (SOBDR) Conference brings together researchers from Ontario universities (and beyond!) with an interest in the study of how people make judgments and decisions.
Date: Friday, May 5, 2023
Venue: Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
For the latest details and registration information please visit: https://www.biorgpartnership.com/biorg-events/sobdr2023
Keynote Speaker: Sendhil Mullainathan, Roman Family University Prof. of Computation and Behavioral Science at Chicago Booth, University of Chicago.
- His current research uses machine learning to understand complex problems in human behavior, social policy, and especially medicine, where computational techniques have the potential to uncover biomedical insights from large-scale health data. He currently teaches a course on Artificial Intelligence.
ONLINE EVENT: Jonah Berger on 'Magic Words: What to Say to Get Your Way'
Jonah Berger (Associate Professor Marketing, Wharton School) discusses his new book, 'Magic Words', on how six types of words can increase your impact in every area of your life. Co-presented by Rotman Events and BEAR.
In conversation with: Dilip Soman, Canada Research Chair in Behavioural Science and Economics; Director, Behavioural Economics in Action Research Centre at Rotman [BEAR]
- Tues May 16, 2023 [4:00pm - 5:00pm EDT]