Dobson Business & Climate Project
The Dobson Business & Climate Project supports innovative student engagement, expanded outreach and research at Rotman. It will help students and faculty learn about, conduct research on, and guide business leaders and policymakers to prepare for and contribute to solutions to climate change.
This project is made possible by a generous gift by Wendy K. Dobson, Professor Emerita of Economic Policy and Analysis at Rotman. She continues her remarkable career of leadership and scholarship at the cutting edge of management challenges – in this case, the fundamental shifts in policy, economics and business necessitated by climate change.
Key initiatives include:
- Dobson Business & Climate Research Grants for Rotman faculty and PhD students (call for proposals Sep 6)
- Dobson Business & Climate Student Fellowships (call for applicants Sept 13)
- Rotman MBA student fellows will support Climate Engagement Canada (CEC) teams facilitated by SHARE Canada. They will have an unparalleled access to see climate-related shareholder engagement in action and will have the opportunity to meet with senior executives from both industrial firms engaged by SHARE and the asset owners and managers on whose behalf SHARE works.
- Business & Climate Bootcamp for Rotman MBA students (new curriculum)
- This year Rotman introduced a new pilot course, RSM2700H “Accelerating Climate Finance,” taught by Susan McGeachie, Adjunct Professor and former Head of Climate Research, BMO
- Dobson Business & Climate Speakers Series (6:30 – 7:30 pm, Room 151)
- Mon, Sep 25: Jan Mahrt-Smith, Associate Professor of Finance, Rotman and School of the Environment, on “How ESG considerations (including climate) affect valuation.”
- Mon, Oct 2: Steve Easterbrook, Director, School of the Environment and Professor, Department of Computer Science, U of T on “Climate change and strategies for modelling potential impacts”
- Mon, Oct 16: Jane Ambachtsheer, Global Head of Sustainability, BNP Paribas Asset Management on “Committing to climate action and a net-zero roadmap”
- Mon, Oct 23: Judy Cotte, Managing Director, ESG, ONEX on “Climate and sustainability reporting frameworks”
- Mon, Oct 30: Sandra Odendahl, Senior Vice President and Head, Sustainability, Diversity & Partnerships, BDC, on “ESG, DEI and Entrepreneurship”
To register as a guest for any of these speakers, click here.
- Inaugural Dobson Business & Climate Week (Nov 27 – Dec 2):
For more information about this program or any of these initiatives, please contact email@example.com .