Innovation Readiness for a New Normal: A Real-Time Virtual Experience
Is your organization positioned to pivot? Learn to assess, improve and innovate for success in a rapidly changing world.
We’ve all recently experienced our organizations responding to major business challenges. Are you ready to take on a major change in direction? How can you increase your readiness?
Rotman’s Innovation Readiness for a New Normal virtual program provides you with quantitative data about how you respond to innovation challenges and the tools you need to improve.
Over two intense half days, you’ll learn and practice how to adopt new ideas and more readily adapt to business challenges. You’ll also receive personal, targeted feedback on how to improve your innovative capacity, starting with an assessment developed by the best minds in the business and moving on to hands-on practice. This program is focused on your individual innovation readiness and identifying, then learning ways to improve your innovative mindset and actions. It can be applied to all sectors.
Flexible Learning Design during COVID-19
Don’t feel alone while you learn online. We’ve designed this program to respect both the challenges of working from home while maintaining and building connections with a class of your peers across different industries and organizations. You’ll still gain the networking and learning benefits of our in-class programs while learning from the comfort of your own home.
Stay connected by building communities of practice
We'll help you stay connected with your peers after the program ends. Using prompts designed by our experts, you'll support each other as you test your initiatives. Strengthen your peer network and sustain your learning by building communities of practice with your peers.
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream, Business Design and Innovation
Dr. Angèle Beausoleil is a 'pracademic' who leads field (action) research inside organizations on innovation process design, navigation and management. She applies her 25 years of business experience to crafting high-impact teaching and student-centred learning experiences. Dr. Beausoleil is Canada's first PhD to focus on innovation literacy (innovativeness/innovatorship) using business/strategic design (design thinking) processes and methods.
What you’ll get:
- Exclusive access to the Innovation-Readiness Scale (IRS)
- A personalized assessment of your score and abilities across multiple factors, where to improve and your strengths
- Individual and group interactive exercises that challenge your innovative capacity
- A roadmap to improve your ability to pivot and adapt to a new normal and beyond
*subject to change
Intro to Innovativeness:
- Innovation Process and Behaviours
- Review of IRS results
- Mindsets, methods and models
- Discover key innovative behaviours, mindsets and models
- Understand your IRS results.
- Mini innovation challenges
- Decision-making framework
- Desk research
- Learn and practice using new decision-making frameworks for business challenges.
Innovation Journey Map:
- Power of Journey Mapping
- Personal Journey Maps
- Organizational Journey Maps
- Learn and practice using innovative thinking tools for personal and organizational contexts.
- Practice with frameworks/tools
- Group presentations
- Review Toolkit/Self reflection
- Apply tools to real world mini-business challenges
- Reflect on innovative capacity toolkit
What is the Innovation Readiness Scale?
This self-assessment tool integrates three of the most popular and deeply researched scales, to uniquely measure your capacity and capability for innovation. By measuring your specific personality traits, level of adoption of new ideas, and level of adaptability to new cultures, it reflects your innovation readiness and potential.
- Part A: The Big Five Personality traits questions seek to indicate intended behaviour towards innovation development
- Part B: The Innovation Adopter questions seek to indicate anticipated willingness to adopt new concepts and timing to do so
- Part C: The Cultural Intelligence levels questions seek to indicate anticipated capacity to cope and interact effectively in situations that are culturally diverse
I need this program because:
- I want to become more resilient to challenging business contexts like the COVID-19 pandemic
- We say we’re innovators but find reacting quickly to a changing landscape difficult
This program is eligible for the Excellence in Executive Leadership Certificate.
This program will be delivered over Zoom and requires access to this platform. This program requires a stable internet connection, the latest version of the Google Chrome internet browser, and use of a microphone. Access to a webcam is preferred but optional.
Before beginning the application process, please review the application policies. To apply, complete the online application form.
*Are you using Internet Explorer? Have you updated Chrome or Firefox lately?
Due to new browser security requirements, those using older or incompatible browsers may encounter technical difficulties. If you encounter a blank screen when you try to start your online payment process, please see our Having Trouble? page.
Each application is reviewed by Rotman’s admissions committee to ensure participants have the appropriate academic and work experience.
Participant Notification Process
If space is available and eligibility requirements are met, participants will receive a notice of admission within 10 days of receipt of a completed application and fee deposit.
Payments can be made online. Applicants will be redirected to a secure online payment website after completion of the application form. A deposit of 50% of the program fee is required at time of application. The balance of the program fee is due 30 days after receipt of invoice or 30 days before the start of the program, whichever is first. Deposits will be refunded to applicants not accepted to the program.
This program is not eligible for any discounts.
Send this page to a friend