Rotman Corporate Finance for Executives
Get the insights you need to evaluate projects and firms
Gain critical insights into corporate finance–the fundamental framework for corporate decision-making–with Rotman’s Corporate Finance for Executives.
Combining intuition and analysis, we explore the central pillars of corporate finance. Our expert faculty will guide you through how to use valuation techniques and concepts so you can build your understanding of critical decisions that ultimately determine the value of the firm and its value to its stakeholders.
We will address questions such as
- How do you estimate the value of companies and financial securities?
- How do you determine the value of a project?
- How do you evaluate risk and expected return?
By the end of 6 sessions, you will be able to:
- Use the DCF technique to value streams of future cash flows
- Apply the NPV criterion to determine if a project will create value
- Estimate the values of business and financial securities
- Estimate the cost of equity of a company based on its beta
- Calculate a firm’s weighted average cost of capital
- Understand how leverage does and does not affect cost of capital
Gain insights into the way businesses and projects are valued and the associated concept of cost of capital. We will show you how to determine if a potential project creates value and to estimate the value of companies and financial securities.
While this course does not have pre-requisites, our team designed it for experienced business professionals. You will need the ability to use Excel for mathematical purposes. You do not need to have a finance or advanced mathematics background.
*Subject to change
- Program introduction
- Sources of Capital: Debt, Equity, etc.
- Creating Shareholder Value – Evaluating Projects using Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
- Creating Shareholder Value – Valuing Businesses
- Cost of Capital – Cost of Equity
- Cost of Capital – Cost of Debt, Weighted-Average Cost of Capital (WACC)
- Leverage, Cost of Capital and Valuation
- Program Wrap
Rotman Executive Program faculty are known for their ability to translate the latest research into practical applications for the workplace, and to transmit skills to participants with the best teaching techniques. Industry leaders contribute to our programs to bring you the most up-to-date best practices and a wealth of real-world experience.
Before beginning the application process, please review the application policies. To apply, complete the online application form.
*Are you using Internet Explorer? Have you updated Chrome or Firefox lately?
Due to new browser security requirements, those using older or incompatible browsers may encounter technical difficulties. If you encounter a blank screen when you try to start your online payment process, please see our Having Trouble? page.
Each application is reviewed by Rotman's admissions committee to ensure participants have the appropriate academic and work experience.
Participant Notification Process
If space is available and eligibility requirements are met, participants will receive a notice of admission within 10 days of receipt of a completed application and fee deposit.
Payments can be made online. A deposit of 50% of the program fee (or $4,000) is required at time of application. If the full fee is not paid at the time of application, the balance of the program fee is due 30 days after receipt of invoice or 30 days before program start date, whichever is first. Fees will be refunded to those not accepted into the program.
Send this page to a friend