Selling Strategies for Non-Sales Executives
Build the skills you need for sales success.
Whether your role is in sales or not, it is incredibly important for leaders and executives to deeply understand sales strategy. Join non-sales leaders like yourself for an eight-week online training program in partnership with the Canadian Professional Sales Association and build your consultative selling skills.
Selling Strategies for Non-Sales Executives will help you gain the critical knowledge needed for success. You’ll walk away with the ability to gather meaningful market and client intelligence, develop relationships across a broad spectrum of personas, and propose custom solutions to address the business challenges and goals of your clients.
Apply NowFEB 1-MAR 28, 2021 | $1,950 CAD + HST
Flexible Learning Design during COVID-19
Don’t feel alone while you learn online. We’ve designed this program to respect both the current challenges of working from home while maintaining and building connections with a class of your peers across different industries and organizations. You’ll still gain the networking and learning benefits of our in-class programs while learning from the comfort of your own home with a schedule adapted to your current needs.
How you'll learn
This dynamic real-time virtual program includes a mix of readings, videos, peer discussions, personalized assignments, and weekly discussions. You will be expected to commit 4-5 hours of study a week to the program.
Over eight weeks you will:
- Learn your strengths, weaknesses, and personality type so you can thoughtfully take them into account
- Learn how to better leverage your sales team
- Create and manage a successful sales funnel to effectively move accounts from market to customers
- Learn to prepare for and execute prospecting calls that overcome potential objections and lead to in-person sales visits
Rotman Executive Program faculty are known for their ability to translate the latest research into practical applications for the workplace, and to transmit skills to participants with the best teaching techniques. Industry leaders contribute to our programs to bring you the most up-to-date best practices and a wealth of real-world experience.
Each week includes a 2.5 hour live virtual session + 4-5 hours of self study and course work
- Week 1: July 29-August 4, 2020
- July 29: Live Session 6:30-9:00 pm EDT
- Understanding Yourself and Others
- Week 2: August 5-11, 2020
- August 5: 6:30 - 9:00pm EDT
- Building Your Business Strategy
- Week 3: August 12-18, 2020
- August 12: Live Session 6:30-9:00pm EDT
- Week 4: August 19-25, 2020
- August 19: Live Session 6:30-9:00pm EDT
- Consultative Sales, part 1
- Week 5: August 26-September 1, 2020
- August 26: Live Session 6:30-9:00pm EDT
- Consultative Sales, part 2
- Week 6: September 2-8, 2020
- September 2: Live Session 6:30-9:00pm EDT
- Securing the Business: Negotiations, closing, and follow-up
- Week 7: September 9-15
- September 9: Live Session 6:30-9:00pm EDT
- Week 8: September 16-23
- September 16: Live Session 6:30-9:00pm EDT
- Final Assignment & Course Wrap-Up
*subject to change
Apply NowFEB 1-MAR 28, 2021 | $1,950 CAD + HST
Once you have successfully completed the program you will receive a certificate of completion from the CPSA as well as Rotman. The program is directly aligned to meet full educational requirements for the Certified Sales Associate (CSA) designation offered by the CPSA Institute.
I need this program because:
- I would like to understand the sales cycle and process better so I can support my team
- My sales team is talented and I want to help them maximize their capabilities
- We want to recalibrate our approach to sales given the “new normal”
In partnership with the Canadian Professional Sales Association, all participants (non-CPSA members) will receive a free 1-year membership to the CPSA. We will share your contact information with the CPSA in order to facilitate your free 1-year membership. Current CPSA members can save 10% off the program fee.
This program will be delivered over Zoom and requires access to this platform. This program requires a stable internet connection, the latest version of the Google Chrome internet browser, and use of a microphone. Access to a webcam is preferred but optional.
Before beginning the application process, please review the application policies. To apply, complete the online application form.
*Are you using Internet Explorer? Have you updated Chrome or Firefox lately?
Due to new browser security requirements, those using older or incompatible browsers may encounter technical difficulties. If you encounter a blank screen when you try to start your online payment process, please see our Having Trouble? page.
Each application is reviewed by Rotman’s admissions committee to ensure participants have the appropriate academic and work experience.
Participant Notification Process
If space is available and eligibility requirements are met, participants will receive a notice of admission within 10 days of receipt of a completed application and fee deposit.
Payments can be made online. Applicants will be redirected to a secure online payment website after completion of the application form. A deposit of 50% of the program fee is required at time of application. The balance of the program fee is due 30 days after receipt of invoice or 30 days before the start of the program, whichever is first. Deposits will be refunded to applicants not accepted to the program.
Current CPSA members can save 10% off the program fee. This program is not eligible for any other discounts.
Send this page to a friend