Clearly, just knowing that employee feedback should be timely and useful isn’t enough to make it happen. So what’s stopping managers and leaders helping people get better at what they do so they can do the right things more effectively? The latest brain science has something to say on the matter. On a number levels, the very act of feedback - both giving and receiving - sets off deep alarm bells. You could even argue that we are neurologically wired to avoid the whole feedback conversation.
The Last Feedback Workshop You’ll Ever Need tackles feedback from a new angle, starting with understanding the deep resistance we have to feedback and then exploring ways to overcome and lessen that resistance.
This workshop is ideal for managers and leaders who find themselves doing some (or all) of these:
- Fretting about the conversation for days or even weeks
- Pussy-footing around the real topic hoping the employee will get the hint
- Breaking things when you’re trying to make them better
- Skipping the whole thing altogether thinking it will all just go away
Workshop participants will learn:
- Two simple, flexible and powerful feedback models, to help people turn the theory of feedback into regular practice.
- The latest findings in neuroscience – how our brains work and what that tells us about the art of management – and how understanding the deep drivers of our brain helps generate new approaches to engaging the people around us.
Fee: $495 CAD + HST
Before beginning the registration process, please review our application policies. To register, please click the link below and complete the form.
*Are you using Internet Explorer? Have you updated Chrome or Firefox lately?
Due to new browser security requirements, those using older or incompatible browsers may encounter technical difficulties. If you encounter a blank screen when you try to start your online payment process, please see our Having Trouble? page.
September 20, 2018
The Last Feedback Workshop Ever
Rotman Executive Program graduates or Rotman MBA / EMBA alumni are eligible for a discount equivalent to 10% of the program tuition. In addition, partner discounts are also offered for some programs. Where program applicants are eligible for more than one discount, only the greater discount will be applied towards the tuition fee. Discounts are not redeemable for cash.
*Participants will be responsible for their own travel, accommodation and incidental costs. Participants requiring accommodation during the program are eligible for preferred Rotman rates at select hotels. For more information contact an Executive Programs representative at firstname.lastname@example.org..